The AdTech space is an exciting and fast-growing area that is built on data and there are huge opportunities for us to explore and improve within Bally's Interactive. As a Data Engineer in the AdTech team you play a key part in helping to shape and build a platform that empowers our Marketing teams worldwide to make the best decisions.
We are looking for a hands-on engineer with a passion for data and its applications to join our small cross-functional agile team, while being part of a larger Data team which drive multiple areas in the business.
With our AdTech Platform being built primarily on the Google Cloud Platform, it means that you will have exposure to various cloud technologies including Big Query, batch and streaming pipeline technologies and various integrations with 3rd party data platforms within the MarTech world and beyond.
While our Team value specialized skills, we also got lots in common and individually we pride ourselves with:
- Bringing high-energy within the team and nurturing a self-starter mindset.
- Have great passion for Data technologies and understand the value that it brings.
- Enjoy working in fast-paced environments and love making an impact.
- Being an exceptional communicator with the ability to translate technical concepts into an easy-to-understand language for our stakeholders.
- Can work effectively with remote teams.
- Value collaboration and problem resolution within the Data team and other teams across the group.
- Ensuring a continuous stream of feedback ensuring that everyone is up to speed.
- Mentor and support others in reaching their goals whether they are in your vicinity or in one of our remote offices.
A Data Engineer at Bally's Interactive has experience in combination of the following areas:
- Proficient with SQL
- Experience with BigQuery
- Proficient with Python
- Experience with building and maintaining data pipelines
- Experience with CI/CD & Automated testing practices
- Experience with Process Orchestration e.g. Airflow, Control-M etc.
- Experience with Docker
- Has worked in a team that adhered to agile principles
- Has demonstrated self-motivation/pro-activeness on a previous role
- Public cloud experience in either GCP or AWS
- Experience with Java
- Unix shell scripting (or alternative) experience
- Experience with DevOps/DataOps or understanding of modern infrastructure
- Experience or demonstrable interest in analytics and/or machine learning
- Experience with streaming technologies e.g. Kafka
- Experience developing services that expose RESTful APIs as well as client services that interact with RESTful APIs
- Experience with BI tools e.g., PowerBI, Tableau etc.
- Experience with Monitoring and Alerting solutions
- Experience with different types of databases e.g. Db2 and/or MongoDb
What's in it for You:
- Competitive salary with annual performance bonus
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive health coverage plan that includes medical, dental and vision
- Monthly wellness program
- Paid Vacation and RRSP contribution matching
- Access to exciting educational opportunities (internal, conferences, courses, certifications)
- Need something for your home office? Whether it’s a new mouse, desk or chair, we’re here to support you with a productive and safe home working space
We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish – you’ll be working in a very modern work environment – and we will make sure you will also have enough time to unwind with our monthly office events and team-building activities.
This is Bally's Interactive and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be. You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s a promise.