Bally’s Interactive is the digital arm of one of the world’s leading entertainment providers, Bally’s Corporation, with tens of millions of players across the globe and big plans always in the works. Our brands and sites include market movers and shakers like SportsCaller, Monkey Knife Fight, Vera&John, Virgin Casino, Jackpotjoy and many more. We make our mark by embracing the diversity of our global team, challenging ourselves, and striving to make a difference for our players.
As Android Developer at the Sports Product Studio in Manchester, you'll work on Bally's industry leading North American sports betting and sports entertainment brands. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself.
- You will be responsible for designing the architecture and implementing the Android apps for clients.
- You will provide times required to build the apps and will be expected to hit the targets to ensure delivery meets, or exceeds the project plan.
- Quality is one of our core values and the work you produce should be developed to our development standards and work correctly first time. This applies to non-functional requirements such as performance and security as much as functional requirements.
- You may also be required to work on existing projects and you will need to use your skills and experience to upskill quickly.
What we expect
- Work closely with the team throughout the entire project lifecycle from the initial proposal stage, delivery, release and subsequent updates.
- A keen attention to detail is a must and we want you to thoroughly test your work prior to it being handed over for the formal QA process.
- Communicate effectively with different team members across the company and clients to ensure that the solutions developed match the client's requirements.
- Proficient in Kotlin and Android Studio
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Previous software development experience
- Experience working with the Android SDK, third-party libraries and APIs
- Solid understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Code versioning i.e. GIT
- Keen attention to detail
- Familiarity with other object-oriented programming languages
- Using and integrating web APIs, JSON, REST
- Familiarity with unit testing
- Familiar with Agile development
- Examples of self-driven development e.g. projects or learning outside of work
If you can include some samples of you work it would be advantageous
What's in it for me?
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays increasing with years of service
- Flexible/ Hybrid Working
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Healthcare
- Performance Based Bonus
- Homeworking Allowance to do up your home office
- Generous referral bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Virgin Tribe Membership
- Learning and Development programs
- Wellness Incentives