Bally’s Interactive is the digital arm of one of the world’s leading entertainment providers, Bally’s Corporation, with tens of millions of players across the globe and big plans always in the works. Our brands and sites include market movers and shakers like SportsCaller, Monkey Knife Fight, Vera&John, Virgin Casino, Jackpotjoy and many more. We make our mark by embracing the diversity of our global team, challenging ourselves, and striving to make a difference for our players.
We are looking for a Team Lead to join us!
We are Excite Matchday and we’re central to integrating Bally’s Sportsbook with the BallyBet UI. We provide players with real time fixture and market data, supporting UI configuration, live sports streaming and game visualisation.
Our growing team currently comprises Bally's software engineers and offshore consultants. We use Agile methodologies and Dev Ops practices to deliver early and often. We strive for technical excellence, collaboration, and continuous improvement. We like to think of ourselves as engineers rather than simply developers, as we are involved in the entire software lifecycle: building, shipping, running, automating, testing, measuring and adapting.
What You'll Do
- Lead and line manage a team of software engineers to high performance.
- Recruit engineers to build a well balanced software engineering team.
- Develop engineers through coaching, mentoring, direct feedback and career development.
- Collaborate with our Sport Product and Sports Data teams to remove risks, deliver new features and capabilities.
- Lead and support the team to build a collaborative and continuously improving engineering culture.
- Provide clarity and progress updates to the team on business objectives and area goals.
- Champion agile methodologies, as well as a focus on high quality output and tech improvement initiatives.
- Manage and communicate progress, risks and dependencies.
- Work as part of the Matchday leadership team to create a high performing area and ensure a smooth flow of work.
Who You Are
- Ideally you have experience of leading a team in a fast-paced agile software engineering environment.
- You have some kind of background in software engineering and are opinionated on architecture, development and product management.
- You're a friendly and enthusiastic individual who can manage team morale and create an environment where people enjoy and take pride in their work.
- You take great pleasure in helping others succeed through coaching, mentoring and career development.
- You understand and have experience of the software delivery lifecycle and a focus on high quality products.
- You're a pragmatic thinker who plans, anticipates issues, considers risk, and helps deliver the best value to the business and customer.
Where You’ll Be
We are a distributed area but we understand the value of coming together. You’ll be located in the Manchester area with access to our modern offices but we offer a work from home budget to help you kit out your home workspace. As an area we get together on a regular basis in both Manchester and London to have fun together and solve some of our more complex issues.
What's in it for me?
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays increasing with years of service
- Flexible Working
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Healthcare
- Performance Based Bonus
- Homeworking Allowance to do up your home office
- Generous referral bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Virgin Tribe Membership
- Learning and Development programs
- Wellness Incentives and discounted gym memberships