Bally’s Interactive is a leading provider of technology services focused on the US sports betting and casino gaming spaces. Our parent company, Bally's Corporation (NYSE: BALY), is a leading omnichannel provider of land-based gaming and interactive entertainment. To pursue its ambitious industry goals, Bally's has created two distinct operating divisions: "Bally's Casinos," which includes physical gaming and entertainment properties, and "Bally Interactive,” comprised of leading companies in sports betting, casino gaming, fantasy sports, audience engagement, and much more.
The Role and Team
Reporting to the director of software development, we are looking for a dynamic Software Development Manager who will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our development teams.
The position will coach, mentor, and oversee all aspects of the team’s performance including setting KPIs, as well as contributing to product strategies from a technical perspective. They will collaborate to develop, and monitor the compliance of development strategies, policies, procedures, and standards. Along with the other managers and services groups, they will also proactively diagnose business problems, identify strategic opportunities, and ensure all development teams' work to process, policies and roadmap deadlines.
The role itself is super dynamic - we want someone who has a strong technical background, but also enjoys talking to people and has a passion for helping others succeed through career planning. We are looking for someone with a go-getter attitude and is not scared to take their experience and knowledge and apply it to our fast-growing company. If you are looking to work with some really talented people, and looking for a position which challenges you, this is for you!
What You Will Do
- Manage development teams to ensure maximum productivity
- Responsible for ensuring technical resources are responding in compliance with support SLA including triaging support requests and assigning appropriate resources.
- Work with other departments to design and implement new processes and to improve quality and speed of software delivery
- Research new technologies and tools for development
- Recruit and retain employees
- Resource management, including leading, coaching and mentoring the development team, individual development planning and performance management
- Communicate regularly with the team and key stakeholders on project status, issues and risks involved
- Provide oversight on high-risk or complex projects. Maintain day-to-day in-depth awareness of projects and technical issues. Facilitate project completion by removing roadblocks and working through solutions with the management team
- Work with the product planning groups to determine appropriate technical solutions
- On-call availability attending to problem solving
What You Bring
- 5+ years’ experience managing technical teams
- Bachelor’s degree and/or diploma in Computer Science and/or a related field
- 3-5 years’ experience of capacity planning and resource management
- 5+ years’ experience in agile software delivery
- Strong ability to estimate development timelines and assign resource allocation
- Excellent ability to lead by example
- Strong ability to influence and motivate others
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and management skills
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with confidential information
- Proactive and enthusiastic, self-motivated
- Highly organized and detail oriented with thorough follow up skills
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. Bally Interactive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Want to learn more? Apply today and your resume will be reviewed by a dedicated team of recruiters.