Bally’s Interactive is a leading provider of technology services focused on the US sports betting and casino gaming spaces. Our parent company, Bally's Corporation (NYSE: BALY), is a leading omnichannel provider of land-based gaming and interactive entertainment. To pursue its ambitious industry goals, Bally's has created two distinct operating divisions: "Bally's Casinos," which includes physical gaming and entertainment properties, and "Bally Interactive,” comprised of leading companies in sports betting, casino gaming, fantasy sports, audience engagement, and much more.
The Role and Team
We are currently seeking a Software Developer to work on all aspects of our software development projects, supporting existing applications, and creating new and innovative software applications with a mobile first ideology. The Software Developer is a member of the development team and works closely with Application Architects, Software Developers and QA Engineers to deliver software that is highly available and scalable.
What You Will Do
- Work as part of an Agile development team to write, test and release applications
- Participate in code reviews and business/technical discussions
- Provide input into and follow established development guidelines and standards
- Assist with the triaging of defects and bring them to resolution
- When applicable, assist with the design of Java applications under the direction of the Architect
- When required, research and evaluate new technologies and tools for development
What You Bring
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- 3+ years of professional experience in Spring Framework
- 3+ years of experience design and developing high scalable services/microservices
- 2+ years of professional experience with CI/CD
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Extensive track record of delivering commitments against project plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A collaborative attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong hands-on experience in RESTful API design and implementation (Hateoas or equivalent)
Development experience with:
- Java (8+), RESTful APIs, Spring Framework, Kubernetes, Docker, Swagger, Kafka, Git/GitHub, Maven, OAuth2
- Design, implement and maintain Java applications that are high volume, low latency and fault tolerant
- Manage competing priorities and self-organize
- Quickly learn and adopt new methods and standards
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews and over the shoulder debugging
- Deliver software as part of a team
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Experience with Junit, Mockito
- Bootstrap, Material UI, ReactJS, Angular
Why Choose Us?
- Competitive Salaries with Generous PTO, RRSP/401K Matching, Health Benefits
- Annual Bonus and Perks
- Flexible Hours
- Collaborative Work Environment
- Professional Growth Opportunities
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. Bally Interactive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Want to learn more? Apply today and your resume will be reviewed by a dedicated team of recruiters.