Bally's Interactive is the digital arm of one of the world's leading entertainment providers, Bally's Corporation, with tens of millions of players across the globe and big plans always in the works. Our brands and sites include market movers and shakers like SportsCaller, Monkey Knife Fight, Vera&John, Virgin Casino, Jackpotjoy and many more. We make our mark by embracing the diversity of our global team, challenging ourselves, and striving to make a difference for our players.
We're hiring an experienced Lead UX designer!
Do you have bags of industry experience? Seen it all, made mistakes, learned loads and to this day, remain as passionate about user-centred design as your first day on the job? Do you love leading and helping UX designers make the right decisions?
We’re looking for a talented UX Function Lead to join our team. The right candidate will have a talent for building strong cross-functional partnerships with product owners, engineers, architects, and other key business stakeholders. Be hands-on and love getting deeply involved at every stage of the design process—from research and discovery to execution and iteration—creating high-quality user flows, wireframes, prototypes while validating design decisions with real users early and often. You'll manage a small team of great designers and report to the Head of UX/UI.
- Define, design, and test experiences that allow us to push past the competition.
- Be a superior communicator with exceptional presentation skills, with an ability to transfer ideas to a diverse audience from senior management to product owners, to product engineers and constructively integrate feedback.
- Manage the team's research, design, and analysis activities to create high-quality solutions that provide industry-leading experiences to our users.
- You will work closely with the Project Manager and Product Owners to allocate resources and define timelines for delivering work to our Product teams.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in user research and evangelise the critical role research plays in building successful products and experiences.
- Identify gaps in the end-to-end experience and collaboratively work with product owners, engineers and stakeholders to address these gaps.
- Champion user-centred design principles within the organisation, leverage data from user tests, analytics, and A/B tests to drive the design process and create experiences that meet user needs while simultaneously addressing business goals.
- Have an excellent understanding of the different needs and approaches required when managing and mentoring designers of varying career levels and specialisations.
- Actively listen to the team's needs, remove any blockers, and balance providing direction with autonomy.
- Drive, scale, and build new initiatives that improve the performance of the UX team.
- Review and feedback on the team’s work to boost performance and achieve better outcomes.
What we value
- Being collaborative, humble, friendly, kind, and respectful.
- Thinking about the entire customer journey.
- Being data-inspired and running clever experiments.
- Being user-focused.
- 5+ years of industry experience designing digital products.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating UX skills, with meaningful, measurable outcomes.
- Expert at leveraging quantitative and/or qualitative data to inspire design decisions and solutions.
- Sports betting knowledge is a massive plus.
- Highly skilled with design tools such as Figma and Miro.
- Experience with Usertesting.com
- Ability to plan, moderate, and execute a variety of goal-oriented workshops with the team, product owners and business stakeholders.
- Experience working with globally distributed teams.
- Expert knowledge of the different user research methods and when to use them.